Monday, August 29, 2011

The Weekend

The weekend always goes by way too fast. We really didn't do anything that exciting. I was suppose to go to my cousins baby shower on Saturday. But Jared had to work and I didn't have anyone to watch the boys. So, my Mom took Lilee and went without me. Rylan had had a runny nose on Friday and started in with a cough on Saturday, so I decided it was best to keep him home anyway.

Lilee and Mom ended up coming home early because Lilee pooped her pants. Seriously, my almost 7 year old pooped her pants. She still struggles with her bowels and wetting the bed at night. I am assuming this is because of her being a premie, but I don't know. She learned from a very early age that going poop hurt. She would hold it in for days upon days until it was huge and hurt to go. We had to give her glycerin supositories when she was an infant to get her to go. We did this daily for a while. The doctor said that giving them to her daily was more important because she would go than to worry about her becoming dependant on them. She would hold onto the poop until she couldn't hold on to it anymore and than she would try her hardest not to go. She would scream and cry because it hurt to go. It was very emotional for her and us because we knew she needed to go, but to see her go through that was hard. She continues to have relapses with this. She goes months with no problem and then all of the sudden she starts staining her underware because she is trying not to poop. It is very frustrating to us as parents. We don't want our 7 year old pooping her pants, but at the same time, she can't help it. I mean, she can help it, she should just go to the bathroom when she needs to go, but I really think it is a psychological problem for her. Sort of like a mental block. I don't know really.

Anyways, back to the weekend. Saturday night I had the opportunity to hang out with one of my friends from high school. Lizzy came over in the afternoon to let me know she was in town and that if I wanted we should get together. I was very excited because, I always tell my friends that have moved away that when they are in town to let me know. It was such a nice time hanging out and catching up on each others lives, and reminiscing about the past. I so much enjoy seeing my high school friends. If any of you are reading this and want to get together sometime let me know.

Sunday morning we had a great service. The worship service was a little different, but it was nice. After church, Jared grilled out bbq chicken legs and we had some corn on the cob. It was really good. Afterwards, Jared got the bike tires pumped up and we went for a walk/bike ride. I put Rylan in the stroller and we walked while Lilee rode her bike and Jared took Connor on the back of his. It was nice to get out. The weather was wonderful. We let the big kids play at the park for a bit. They really enjoyed that.

I decided to walk outside around 7:30 and noticed that the porch and back yard needed a little sprucing up. So, I spent about an hour and a half cleaning it up and organizing the toys, bikes and things on the porch. They had been all over the yard. What is it about kids that they get things out, but don't know how to put them away? Anyways, while I was doing this I noticed that some of my lily bulbs were pulled up. I don't know if this was the boys (Connor and Jaydon), or what. I decided to clean up my lily flower bed. I cut off the stalks and pulled the weekds. It looks so much better. But, there are a lot of bulbs that need re-planted. There were a lot of them that were exposed, not pulled out, but close to the surface, so I pulled them up and need to re-plant them. I needed to move some around anyways, because I had bare spots and spots that had tons of them all in one spot. So, that is a project for another time.

We finished out the evening by feeding Rylan his last bottle and cereal while watching season 2 of Top Shot on Netflix. Got to bed around 11:30. I can't seem to get to bed any earlier, no matter how hard I try.

1 comment:

Robin Weiss said...

Well Kim, You can take some comfort in the fact that our family has the craziest bowel problems.. My son Maury has I.B.S. and I had the same problem Lilee has when I was her age! I finally grew out of it, but I can remember having to lay down and rest after going #2...Now-a-days at 55, the best thing in life is a smooth delivery and a clean break...=]

Keep up the great blogging and come see me sometimes over at inpleinair.blogspot.com