Thursday, September 8, 2011

Changing bad habits

I have decided recently to try to change some bad habits. I drink entirely too much pop and juice. Actually, I pretty much only drink pop or juice. It is nothing for me to drink a 2 liter of pop in a day. Starting early in the morning. I have been wanting to look better for a while but have not done a thing about it. I eat for no other reason than to eat. Not hungry a lot of the time, but if it sounds good, I have a hard time saying no. I hate exercise, but need to do it. I would rather lay on the couch and watch tv.

So, starting this morning, I am not drinking pop or juice for 60 days. I have also started an exercise program. Jillian Michaels has two dvd's, one is Shape-up Backside and the other is Shape-up Front. They are both hard, but doable. While I do not love these changes, it is time for something. I am going to watch what I eat, but not deny myself since I am already denying myself pop and juice. If I try to do too much too fast, I know I will lose heart and quit it all together. So, I am only doing the workouts 3 times a week. I am setting my goal for 10 lbs. You might say this is a small goal, but I would rather set a smaller goal and surpass it, than to not reach it.

Wish me luck and your encouragement will be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Small, reachable goals so you don't get discouraged are good. When you reach it you can make another. In MK they always said to set your goals too high and then if you fall short you've still gone far. I think reachable is better.